Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Truth about Light (TAL)

On Monday December 20, I was able to meet Greg Hughes and get a first look at the treatise known as "The Truth about Light" by Robert Archer Smith somewhere in Belltown. Parking in Seattle is expensive but I felt that it warranted the sojourn in order to confirm that the manuscript exists. Background is needed on the author.

I met the man at the University of Washington campus on Red Square when I was an undergraduate there 1983-1985. I was drawn by a familiar spirit when I saw his white hair bright blue eyes. For some reason he reminded me of my grandfather! His outfit was standard issue dark blue jacket, slacks and a light blue shirt. He told me that he had two sets of clothes and could alternate wearing and cleaning. I remember Bob's voice and his excellent elocution and verbal intelligence---he spoke in completed sentences and paragraphs. If I recall he invited me to buy me a coffee and a donut for "two bits" at the HUB and to share his testimony of the mysteryconcerning his rebirth and the 'gift of greek'---which fascinated because I had been a student of Greek---I wanted to know more about this mysterious 'gift'. He did not mention his physics of light at the outset but soon I learned a great deal more about the man and his mission.

The fact that I found my way on Monday retracing the steps of my child with my companion at my side fills me with wonder and a not small sense of the difficulty that besets me as I try to describe this wonderful gentleman, so truly American and yet, by dint of his mental capacity, one of the great thinkers anytime, anyplace. After all, how many men can be said to have completely overcome the intellectual and scientific paradigms of their age? Bob did this and more!

Is it possible to "dumb down" Bob's treatise and render it intelligible for many?

No comments: